Sunday, September 6, 2009

Guilt by Association

Green Jobs CzarVan Jones is gone! Well, sort of.

Before we conservatives rejoice, let me remind you about former Senator Tom Daschle. You remember, the former senator who was Obama's nominee for the cabinet position of Health and Human Services Secretary, but who couldn't win Senate approval for because of his financial problems? Well, it appears that he's been at the White House coaching Obama on healthcare, if not assembling the language for the healthcare revisions. (And I thought that the American public had short memories!) I would have thought that having been turned down by his peers as HHS Secretary would have been a strong message that he was not wanted on Capitol Hill even in the capacity of consultant on the topic of healthcare. Apparently not the case!

Well, with that said, Robert Gibbs has said that while Van Jones has resigned his "green jobs czar" position, he will continue to work within the administration. Oh yeah? In what capacity? And more importantly, why? Also, he's touted as an expert on green jobs. How did he get that expertise? Has he run a business on green principles? Has he created any green jobs? What really are his credentials other than ranting and raving about whities at any opportunity?

Having him as a Green Jobs Czar really had presented me with these and many other questions. But perhaps this from the final Presidential debate with John McCain and one of Obama's own books will give us a clearer picture of why we have a duplicate "cabinet" or a regiment of czars:




Now, from the Transcript:

OBAMA: "Bob, I think it's going to be important to just -- I'll respond to these two particular allegations that Senator McCain has made and that have gotten a lot of attention.

"In fact, Mr. Ayers has become the centerpiece of Senator McCain's campaign over the last two or three weeks. This has been their primary focus. So let's get the record straight. Bill Ayers is a professor of education in Chicago.

"Forty years ago, when I was 8 years old, he engaged in despicable acts with a radical domestic group. I have roundly condemned those acts. Ten years ago he served and I served on a school reform board that was funded by one of Ronald Reagan's former ambassadors and close friends, Mr. Annenberg.

"Other members on that board were the presidents of the University of Illinois, the president of Northwestern University, who happens to be a Republican, the president of The Chicago Tribune, a Republican-leaning newspaper.

"Mr. Ayers is not involved in my campaign. He has never been involved in this campaign. And he will not advise me in the White House. So that's Mr. Ayers.

Beg pardon, Mr. President.  He was indeed involved when you started campaigning for State office.  It has been reported that he hosted the kickoff in his livingroom.

"Now, with respect to ACORN, ACORN is a community organization. Apparently what they've done is they were paying people to go out and register folks, and apparently some of the people who were out there didn't really register people, they just filled out a bunch of names.

"It had nothing to do with us. We were not involved. The only involvement I've had with ACORN was I represented them alongside the U.S. Justice Department in making Illinois implement a motor voter law that helped people get registered at DMVs.

"Now, the reason I think that it's important to just get these facts out is because the allegation that Senator McCain has continually made is that somehow my associations are troubling.

"Let me tell you who I associate with. On economic policy, I associate with Warren Buffett and former Fed Chairman Paul Volcker. If I'm interested in figuring out my foreign policy, I associate myself with my running mate, Joe Biden or with Dick Lugar, the Republican ranking member on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, or General Jim Jones, the former supreme allied commander of NATO.

"Those are the people, Democrats and Republicans, who have shaped my ideas and who will be surrounding me in the White House. And I think the fact that this has become such an important part of your campaign, Senator McCain, says more about your campaign than it says about me."

Oh, not so, Mr. President. In fact, those people are recently minted associates of yours. Do you remember this from your book Dreams From My Father? Have you forgotten the others that you aligned yourself with for the past 20+ years such as those listed below?

"To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets."

So, now we're seeing the results of Obama associating himself for these past twenty plus years with these people and people like Jeremiah Wright and Bill Ayers and others. Definitely not part of mainstream America! Once in the White House, Obama has continued to seek these types of people and has surrounded himself with a rogue layer of officials he called czars that are the "extreme" of extremists with agendas that they are planning to put forth and enforce without proper authority. That is to say that the President does not have any Constitutional right to appoint people with making and enforcing policies who have not been duly approved either by election or Senate and House approval. So, these czars are totally illegal. I'm truly surprised that Congress hasn't complained. They are being circumvented by these czars who are making policies and handling the oversight of those policies. Shortly, the czars will have more power than Congress, because they are making up laws as they go and implementing penalties as they see fit. God help us!

"I chose my friends carefully."

I am hoping that out of these "Tea Party" Rallies, Tea Party Coalitions or organizations will spring up and begin educating people, getting on school boards, on city councils, into the courts etc., so that we can reverse this administration's renegade policies and practices. If you agree with me that something stinks about this practice of the administration, then do something. Even it it's just a simple thing, do something. It's that important!

No comments:

Post a Comment